Chimney fire breaks out at thatched cottage
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Firefighters battled a blaze at a thatched home in the Suffolk village of Bradfield St Clare this afternoon.
Two fire engines, from Bury St Edmunds, were called to a property in St Clare Hall Road at 3.16pm.
A fire service spokeswoman said the property affected is thatched, but added that the fire was contained to the chimney and showed little sign of spreading.
A stop was called on the incident as of 4.16pm.
Two fire crews dealt with the fire, and there were no reported injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The extent of the damage to the chimney and property is not clear at this time.
The spokeswoman said there was a lot of smoke in the area but no injuries have been reported.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training