Suffolk: Firefighters called to hamper blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a Christmas hamper caught fire during the early hours of Saturday morning.

The drama happened in St Botolph’s Way in Haverhill shortly after 12.30am.

The occupiers of the house managed to get the hamper out of the building by the time the fire crew arrived and they were able to ensure that the quantity of food that had been destroyed by fire was safely extinguised.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus