Fire breaks out at Suffolk prison
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press, Archant
Four fire crews were called to Highpoint prison this morning following reports of a building blaze.
Firefighters were sent to Highpoint North in Stradishall at 9.16am.
The fire is now out, but one team remains on the scene investigating what happened, and how it started.
Two teams from Clare, one from Wickhambrook and one from Haverhill were sent to the scene.
Three of the engines are parked outside but are no longer needed.
They are expected to leave the scene soon.
There are no reports of any injuries, and the fire was out almost as soon as firefighters arrived, a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143