Suffolk: Firefighters tackle chimney blazes
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a series of chimney blazes.
A crew from Hadleigh were called to Siam Hall in nearby Boxford around 4pm this afternoon.
They discovered a chimney well alight and firefighters from Sudbury were asked to assist.
They used thermal imaging equipment, a hose reel and chimney rods to extinguish the blaze by 5.15pm.
At just before 6.30pm a crew from Hadleigh were called to another chimney fire in Boxford.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called to Stone Street and found a small blaze in a wood burner.
It was extinguished by 7.10pm.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
At just after 7pm tonight a crew from Stradbroke were called to Thorpe Hall Cottages, Hall Lane, Horham.
The firefighters used rods and a stirrup pump to extinguish the blaze by 7.30pm.