WATCH: Dramatic footage of thatched roof blaze tackled by dozens of firefighters
- Credit: IXWORTH FIRE STATION/SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Firefighters remain at the scene of a blaze which broke out in a thatched roof in Stoke Ash, near Eye.
One fire crew is still at the thatched home in The Street, near its junction with Roman Way.
Dozens of firefighters worked to put out the flames after being called to the scene at 4.30pm yesterday.
The fire was under control and a stop called to the incident shortly before 7pm with seven fire engines still at the scene.
The remaining crews left overnight with only a small number of firefighters left checking for hot spots and carrying out an investigation this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Hose reels and breathing apparatus were used to tackle the fire but much of the roof was destroyed in the blaze.
Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading to the next door property and managed to salvage possessions from inside.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
In total, 15 crews from across Suffolk and Norfolk were called to help put out the fire.