Suffolk: Firefighters tackle trio of blazes in early hours
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS were kept busy in the early hours of this morning with call-outs to three blazes across the county.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were first called to reports of a building fire in Market Place, Mildenhall, at 12.45am.
Two crews attended the scene and found a shop underneath residential accommodation was well alight.
The flames were extinguished by 1.30am.
The second fire was reported in Timworth Green, Timworth, just after 1.50am to an electricity transformer fire.
You may also want to watch:
Two crews were despatched to what was thought to be a substation fire but turned out to be a transformer on a pole well alight involving high voltage cables.
The firefighters stood by until the arrival of the electricity company and the incident was dealt with by 2.30am.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
The final blaze was in the open in Quaves Lane, Bungay, just after 2am.
On arrival, firefighters found a wheelie bin was well alight and extinguished the flames within 25 minutes.