Suffolk: Fires in Felixstowe, Lowestoft, West Row and Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The fire service in Suffolk has been kept busy today with blazes in Felixstowe, Lowestoft, West Row and Ipswich.
Firefighters are currently tackling a blaze in Hylands Drove, West Row, which is involving large quantities of plywood and grass.
Initially one fire engine from Mildenhall went out, but a fire engine from Littleport and a water carrier from Newmarket have been sent to assist.
Two crews from Felixstowe were sent to a car on fire on the A14 westbound near Trimley at about 4.30pm. It was extinguished within about 20 minutes using two hose reels and two breathing apparatus.
Two crews from Felixstowe were also sent to Felixstowe docks earlier in the day to tackle a container fire.
You may also want to watch:
Joined by a fire engine from the docks fire station, they unloaded the 20ft container, which was heavily smoke-logged, by hand.
The blaze, which began at 12.56pm, was put out at 2.21pm using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Crews have also dealt with a car fire in Bury Road, Ipswich, and firefighters were sent to a cooker fire in Kimberley Road, Lowestoft, which was out by the time they arrived.