Suffolk: First flakes of snow fall
THE first flakes of snow have started to dust Suffolk today.
Wintry showers have started falling over parts of Ipswich and beyond this afternoon.
Reports so far include blizzard conditions near Eye and heavy snow fall in Stowmarket.
Forecasters had predicted the first snow of the winter would fall today, carpeting the countryside over the next few days.
Sleet and snow will be more likely in eastern parts of the county, nearer to the coast.
You may also want to watch:
But with a bitter northerly wind temperatures will seem even colder than the predicted 4C.
- Is it snowing where you are? Send us your pictures. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01473 324788.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around