Try over 13 flavours of gelato at new ice cream parlour near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The new ice cream hut opened at the weekend on the outskirts of the town - selling everything from Jaffa Cake gelato to fruity dairy-free options
Located in Wherstead, Suffolk Food Hall has teamed up with Southwold’s Harris & James, who will be supplying their very own gelato to the recently-opened outdoor ice cream stall.
“We opened the new ice cream hut on Saturday – it’s a refurbished shipping container which has been cladded with wood. Inside, it has been converted with plastic covering and also electrical sockets,” explained Nick Punter of Suffolk Food Hall.
“It’s replaced our old beach hut and sits in the exact same place, so it’s hard to miss it. We have kitted it out with a gelato fridge and freezer - although the gelato fridge is Italian so that took a little translating to get going.”
With 13 flavours of Harris & James’ gelato on sale so far, it’s sure to be a hit this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Options on offer include Jaffa Cake, mint choc chip, Bakewell tart, and rum and raisin alongside a number of dairy-free flavours such as passionfruit, lemon, and lime.
“Gelato is different to ice cream, in the fact thst it uses less cream and less sugar. It is also whipped less than ice cream, so it’s got a smoother texture.”
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
Visitors to Suffolk Food Hall can get their gelato fix with either one scoop in a Harris & James waffle cone, or go all out and get three scoops in a tub.
“We have kids cones available for the little ones too,” added Nick.
Suffolk Food Hall is open Monday to Thursday between 9am and 4pm, Friday to Saturday between 9am and 5pm, and between the hours of 10.30am and 4.30pm on Sundays. For specific ice cream hut opening times, check the Suffolk Food Hall website or Facebook page.