Tea parties in west Suffolk mark 70th anniversary of the NHS
- Credit: Archant
Two tea party events will be held in Long Melford and Lavenham today to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of the NHS.
The events will raise money for NHS charities and also mark the first engagement of the recently set up Patient Participation Group (PPG) for the Long Melford and Lavenham practice.
The party at the front of the Long Melford surgery will take place from 10am-noon with the event at the Lavenham surgery happening from 2pm-4pm.
There will be first aid displays and a representative from Suffolk Sport, who will promote active wellbeing.
PPGs consist of patients who want to work in partnership with the practice to help give patients a say in the way services are delivered to best meet their needs, along with the needs of the community.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who is a patient of the Long Melford Practice and would like to be part of the PPG group can visit the practice website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay