Suffolk Guides duo achieve over 250 badges
- Credit: Supplied by family
The national lockdown has not stopped best friends Ellie Simon and Emilia Recchi from 1st Ixworth Guides achieving an impressive Guiding double as they bid goodbye to the group.
The Suffolk pair have amassed over 250 activity and interest badges in categories as diverse as backwoods cooking to human rights. The duo were crowned by the prestigious Baden-Powell and new Guides awards.
Emilia said: “I loved being an Ixworth Guide because of all the new experiences it gave me.
“We had lots of fun together, the camps were amazing.”
Ellie thanked Guiders Joy Crown and Christine Bass for all the opportunities guiding has given the pair.
Ellie said she found the Navigator badge the most challenging when she used the map to find her way around Paris, while Emilia particularly loved experiencing the great outdoors at group camps, cooking over open fires and taking on new challenges, including paddle boarding and abseiling.
Both girls have continued their guiding journey as young leaders and Ellie has begun the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh award.
- 1 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase