Main road between Saxmundham and Leiston to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Part of the main road linking two Suffolk towns is to be shut for the best part of a day so that roadworks can be carried out.
Suffolk Highways, which looks after the majority of the county’s road and pavement network, has said that part of the B1119 Saxmundham Road at Knodishall will be closed between 9am and 2.30pm on Tuesday, March 26.
The closure is due to emergency drainage works, the organisation said.
It asked people to follow the diversion signs which will be in place on the day, which will take motorists through the village of Knodishall before going back onto the B1119.
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
You may also want to watch:
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes.
The organisation gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry higher numbers of vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk