Emergency repairs on village road
A diversion will be put in place when part of a village road is closed for a chunk of a day for emergency repairs.
Part of Major Lane in Thornham Magna, near Eye in north Suffolk, will be closed between 9.30am and 3.30pm on Thursday, January 10.
Suffolk Highways, which looks after and maintains the majority of the county’s road network, announced the road closure for emergency repairs on its Twitter feed.
It asked motorists to follow the diversion which will be in place along the A140, Workhouse Road and The Street, posting a map of the diversion route on its Twitter page.
Thornham Magna is the sister village of Thornham Parva, both of which are a few miles from Eye and are situated next to the A140, running between Norwich and Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry higher numbers of vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
- 10 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge