Village road to be closed for emergency repairs
- Credit: Archant
A busy road is to be closed for the majority of a day to allow emergency repairs to be carried out.
Suffolk Highways looks after and maintains the majority of the county’s road network, other than A-roads such as the A12 and A14 which are the responsibility of Highways England.
The organisation has announced on its Twitter feed that the B1115 in Monks Eleigh will be closed between 9am and 4pm on Wednesday, January 16 “to complete emergency repairs”.
It asked motorists travelling in the area at the time to follow a diversion along Milden Road and the A1141.
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
You may also want to watch:
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes.
The organisation gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry higher numbers of vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk