Hotel staff and guests complete 24-hour cycle for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff, members and guests from a Suffolk hotel took part in a 24-hour cycle to raise money for a mental health charity.
More than 40 volunteers cycled for 24-hours on an exercise bike in the lobby of Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa to raise funds for Suffolk Mind.
Cycling slots at the event, which took place on Friday, March 1, ranged between 15 minutes to two-hours. and volunteers covered a total distance of 742.54km – equivalent to cycling from Stoke by Nayland to Inverness in Scotland.
Chris Grimwood, leisure club manager at Peake Fitness, said: “We’re so proud of our team for getting on board with this fantastic cause.
“We have over 250 staff here and nearly all of them got behind this challenge, whether by taking part, making a donation or simply coming along on the day to cheer on their colleagues.”
You may also want to watch:
More than £400 was raised for the Suffolk branch of Mind, a charity which provides advice and support to individuals suffering from mental health issues.
Lizzy Tuthill, community fundraising coordinator at Suffolk Mind, said: “The importance of physical activity, combined with other emotional and physical needs, is essential to maintain mental wellbeing.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
“This challenge and the support and dedication of the team at Stoke by Nayland will help to raise awareness of the services we offer and provide a platform to open up conversations around wellbeing.
“Suffolk Mind aims to make Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental wellbeing, and the team at SbN are certainly contributing to make that happen.
“Thank you so much to all involved.”