Suffolk: Man arrested following police pursuit of stolen car
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested following a police pursuit of a stolen car.
Three police vehicles and a helicopter were called following a report at about 10.50am that a car had been stolen from an address in Thurston.
Suffolk police said the car, a Vauxhall Corsa, was spotted at about 11.50am in Needham Market and the pursuit began.
It is understood the car was mainly driving around back roads before its tyres were punctured by the police’s stinging device, which was deployed across the road close to the roundabout for Tesco in Stowmarket.
It came to a stop just over three miles later.
You may also want to watch:
One man, believed to be 19-years-old, was arrested.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published