Man caught with more than 8,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A Leiston man has admitted possessing thousands of indecent images of children after police executed a warrant at his home.
Mark Watling, 52, appeared before magistrates in Ipswich on Friday and pleaded guilty to one count of making indecent images and three further charges of possessing indecent photographs.
Prosecutor Paul Huxley said police acted on information received by Microsoft regarding indecent images on their systems, and an IP address was passed to officers.
Police subsequently executed a warrant at Watling’s home on July 10, 2019.
He was found to be in possession of 138 images and seven videos of category A – the most serious kind – as well as 357 images and eight videos classed as category B.
You may also want to watch:
A further 7,550 images and 19 videos of category C were found on devices.
Magistrates sent the case to crown court and Watling will appear at a date to be fixed to be sentenced.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Watling, of Andrew Close, Leiston, was granted unconditional bail ahead of his sentence.