Suffolk: Man charged following police pursuit
- Credit: citizenside.com
A man arrested after a chase across the county which included a police helicopter and dog unit has been charged.
Around 9:50pm on Thursday, a vehicle failed to stop for officers in Ipswich and a pursuit began.
Following the chase, which led to Whatfield, the vehicle drove into a field, stopped and the driver fled.
Officers including a dog unit then pursued him on foot and he was arrested nearby.
John Cook, aged 25 and of no fixed address, was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he was charged with aggravated vehicle taking, dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
He has been detained in police custody to appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court this morning.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn