Man accused of accessing almost 100,000 indecent images of children in 10 years
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Suffolk man has been accused of having accessed almost 100,000 indecent images of children over a 10-year period.
David Sharpe, of Boxford Court, Haverhill, appeared before a district judge at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.
The 57-year-old gave no indication of plea to three counts of making indecent still and moving images of a child.
Sharpe is accused of making 103 photographs and one video in the most serious category (A); 325 images and 46 videos in category B, and 95,973 images and 135 videos in category C.
The offences are alleged to have taken place between November 2005 and July 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutor Ian Devine said the alleged offences were deemed too serious to be dealt with at magistrates' court.
District Judge Julie Cooper adjourned the matter until a plea hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on January 2.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
Sharpe was released on unconditional bail until then.