Man, 21, died of pneumonia and overdose, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man who died in a Lowestoft flat was killed by a combination of pneumonia and overdose, an inquest heard on Monday.
Oliver Mingay, who was originally from Great Yarmouth, died on September 10, 2018 at a property in Lowestoft.
Leading the inquest, assistant coroner Dan Sharpstone said Mr Mingay was at home with his girfriend smoking drugs on the evening prior to his death.
Dr Sharpstone said Mr Mingay’s girlfriend woke first to find her boyfriend appeared grey – but assumed because he was breathing that he was merely recovering from drug use. However when she woke again a few hours later, she found he had turned cold and blue.
DC Matt Rogers, of Lowestoft CID, said there were no suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Sharpstone gave the cause of death as broncho-penumonia and an overdose of opiates.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 8 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 9 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge