Suffolk man jailed for 12 years for sex attack on schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
A former Ipswich man who raped and sexually assaulted a schoolgirl has been jailed for 12 years.
Lovemore Muzadzi, 40, of Strickland Manor Hill, Yoxford, had denied three offences of rape and one of sexual assault but changed his pleas to guilty on the second day of his trial at Ipswich Crown Court last year.
He had also denied sexually assaulting another schoolgirl and this charge was ordered to be left on the court file.
Sentence was adjourned until today (Monday) for a pre-sentence report.
In addition to being jailed Muzadzi, who has no previous convictions, was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register and was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order. Both orders will last indefinitely.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard Muzadzi had groped the victim’s breasts and bottom and asked her to have sex with him.
When she said no he had held her down by her wrists and had sex with her.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship