Suffolk: Man missing in Christchurch quake
Hopes are fading for a Suffolk man missing since the earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Phil Coppeard has not been seen since the devastating earthquake struck the region at 12.51pm New Zealand time on Tuesday (11.51pm on Monday in the UK) and fears are growing for his safety.
The 41-year-old had recently moved to Christchurch with his wife, Suzanne Craig, and had just embarked on a course at Canterbury University.
He is believed to have boarded a bus shortly before the earthquake hit, and despite frantic efforts from friends and family, no one has been able to contact him since then.
Phil, an avid Ipswich Town supporter, worked as a chartered accountant in London and Dubai before emigrating to New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
n For the full story, see today’s paper.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk