Suffolk: Man’s body recovered from icy canal in Northamptonshire
THE body of a Suffolk man has been recovered from under ice in a canal in Northamptonshire, police have said.
A member of the public found the man in the Grand Union Canal at about 8am yesterday.
Formal identification has yet to take place, but the body is thought to be a 63-year-old from Suffolk who had a boat moored in the area, said police.
The body was removed from the water at about midday.
The death is not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
- Pay tribute to the man by calling the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 6 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship