Man to face trial over 19 parking tickets in 21 days
- Credit: Archant
A man who amassed 19 parking tickets in the space of 21 days will face a trial in the new year over unpaid fees.
Christopher Hall, of Wilbram Road, Newmarket, is facing action from West Suffolk Council over the parking offences in Newmarket between November 12 and December 2 last year.
Hall was handed parking tickets in Newmarket town centre from November 12 to November 21, as well as November 23 to November 30. He also got a ticket on December 2. Each ticket carried a £70 charge.
The parking space was under the jurisdiction of Forest Heath District Council at the time, prior to the authority's merger with St Edmundsbury to form West Suffolk Council in May.
Hall is charged with contravening or failing to comply with local traffic order relating to parking spaces.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on January 8.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood