Suffolk: Mercury set to soar to 20C over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Glorious sunshine is set to beam down on Suffolk and north Essex this weekend.
The mercury is set to rise as high as 20C on Sunday with people looking to head to the coast to enjoy the above average temperatures.
Weatherquest forecaster Steve Western said high pressure will remain firmly in control across the weekend.
He said: “It might not be as warm tomorrow with low cloud around but Sunday looks set to be a super day.
“It will be similar to what we have had for the last few days although the wind is still in the north east.”
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures tomorrow should reach highs of 17C with light cloud and sunny spells but Sunday is set to be the best day of the weekend.
Mr Western added: “It should be around 17C on the coast with 18,19 or 20C inland on Sunday.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
“The average for this time of year is around 17C so we are a little higher than normal.”
The outlook for the week ahead should see the region stay mostly fine with light winds on Monday and Tuesday.
Mr Western said: “Wednesday and Thursday we are not 100% sure because there’s a risk of some rain.
“But after the hiccup in the middle of next week, next weekend looks set to be sunny and fine.”