Suffolk: Mercury set to soar to 20C over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Glorious sunshine is set to beam down on Suffolk and north Essex this weekend.
The mercury is set to rise as high as 20C on Sunday with people looking to head to the coast to enjoy the above average temperatures.
Weatherquest forecaster Steve Western said high pressure will remain firmly in control across the weekend.
He said: “It might not be as warm tomorrow with low cloud around but Sunday looks set to be a super day.
“It will be similar to what we have had for the last few days although the wind is still in the north east.”
Temperatures tomorrow should reach highs of 17C with light cloud and sunny spells but Sunday is set to be the best day of the weekend.
Mr Western added: “It should be around 17C on the coast with 18,19 or 20C inland on Sunday.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 5 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 6 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 9 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 10 North Stander: With goals from elsewhere, do we need another striker?
“The average for this time of year is around 17C so we are a little higher than normal.”
The outlook for the week ahead should see the region stay mostly fine with light winds on Monday and Tuesday.
Mr Western said: “Wednesday and Thursday we are not 100% sure because there’s a risk of some rain.
“But after the hiccup in the middle of next week, next weekend looks set to be sunny and fine.”