Suffolk neighbours bring festive cheer with Advent window display
People living along a Suffolk street have again joined together to create a Christmas display instilling festive cheer – and raising funds for worthy causes.
A total of 24 households in Framlingham’s Double Street have taken part in this year’s Advent window display.
Organiser Gill Knights said: “The original intention of the display was for enjoyment, both our own, as we like to look at each other’s efforts, and that of visitors.
“Many participants find it particularly rewarding to hear children’s appreciation of the windows as they run up the street on the way home from school but getting positive comments from others is also good.”
This year is the fourth Advent window display, this time raising funds for The Blossom Appeal for a breast care centre at Ipswich Hospital and the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal for the Rohingya Muslims.
You may also want to watch:
Last year raised £470 for its chosen charities, which the residents are hoping to top.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it