Suffolk: New interim chairman at ambulance service to drive improvements
An interim chairman has been appointed at the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust to help drive improvements.
The NHS Trust Development Authority (NHS TDA) has announced the appointment of Sarah Boulton.
She has worked as NHS Board level for many years, chairing a number of NHS organisations, most recently as chairman of NHS Midlands and East Strategic Health Authority.
She said: “This is a great opportunity to work with the board, staff and volunteers at the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust and be part of the team to improve the service.
“This is going to take time but having met with new chief executive Dr Marsh, I am pleased with the actions which have already been put in place and the progress being made.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to working with the Trust Board and engaging with staff and stakeholders to deliver the improvements needed.”
Chief Executive Dr Anthony Marsh added: “I am delighted that Sarah is joining the Trust as chair.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
“She brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the service and I look forward to working with her as we make changes, better support staff and improve services to patients.”
The NHS TDA will be launching the recruitment process for a permanent chairman in the next few weeks.