New Year's Day event cancelled amid Covid concerns
- Credit: Rachel Edge
The Mid Suffolk Light Railway Steam and Light festival has been postponed as organisers "err on the side of caution" amid Covid concerns.
The event, which was set to take place at Brockford Station near Mendlesham, was planned for Saturday, January 1.
However, organisers have said that the uncertainty surrounding the ability to run a safe event is the reason why the event has been cancelled.
This decision means that the museum and railway will be closed both for the exhibition and running of trains on News Year's Day.
The events committee of the Mid Suffolk Light Railway said in a statement: "We apologise for the disappointment, but we are sure that visitors and supporters of the Middy will appreciate us erring on the side of caution at this time of the potential worsening of the Covid crisis.
"Together with the likelihood of further restrictions, maybe, being implemented this uncertainty coupled with our wish to keep visitors, exhibitors and volunteers safe has to be the correct strategy at this time."
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 8 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 9 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 10 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'