Suffolk: Olympic torch to be carried through county ahead of London 2012 games
THE Olympic torch is to come to Suffolk ahead of the 2012 London games, we can reveal today.
The famed torch relay, the prelude to the London spectacular, is to visit dozens of towns and cities across the UK.
And the torch will be carried through Suffolk to Ipswich for an overnight stay on the way to the Olympic Stadium.
Prominent athletes from the region are expected to be torch bearers during its trip to Suffolk.
The full details of the torch’s route are expected tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
- Buy tomorrow’s EADT for the full story.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light