Suffolk: One last day of glorious sunshine tomorrow before showers strike county
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Forecasters have predicted the region to bask in one last day of soaring summer heat today in one of the hottest days of the year.
Temperatures could top the 30C (86F) mark in parts of Suffolk and north-east Essex before the barometer comes crashing down with showers set to replace unbroken sunshine at the weekend.
Santon Downham registered the hottest day of the year in Suffolk with a mercury reading of 32.6C (90.7F) on July 22.
And Chris Bell, forecaster at Weatherquest, said the glorious summer of 2013 would see another round of blistering temperatures today.
“The average for this time of year is around 20C (68F) or 21C (69.8F) but today could be 30C in south Suffolk and down in to Essex,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It could be one of the hottest days of the summer – but it will be the last of those days with Friday set to be cooler, with temperatures of around 18C (64F) and 19C (66F). It will stay like that for the weekend too with more showers.”
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card