Suffolk: People enjoy highest temperatures of the year so far – and there’s more scorching weather on the way
- Credit: Archant
People flocked to the beaches and parks of Suffolk in their droves this weekend as the county enjoyed the hottest day of the year so far – and the scorching weather is not over yet.
The mercury hit highs of 28C in parts of Suffolk yesterday with people in Cavendish, near Long Melford, enjoying the best of the weather with a top temperature of 28.1C on Sunday .
On Saturday, temperatures hit highs of nearly 26C.
Forecasters are now predicting the fine and dry conditions we have enjoyed over the last few days will continue this week and into the weekend.
Despite a slight dip in the middle of this week, Met office forecaster, Michael Lawrence, said there will still be plenty of sunshine for people to enjoy
He added: “We are expecting a bit more of a breeze on Monday which might blunt the temperatures slightly, but really there’s still a lot of sunshine around.
“We got a lot of fine and dry weather at the weekend and that is likely to continue going into Monday itself.
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 7 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 8 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 9 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
“It will drop a bit midweek but it will pick up towards next weekend.”
Temperatures will remain in the mid to low 20s throughout this week with highs of 24C expected today and tomorrow.
The forecast will be particularly good news for the organisers of the Trimley Carnival, which will have its first outing under the new organisers on Saturday.
How did you enjoy the weekend? Send your pictures to www.iwitness24.co.uk