Philharmonic Orchestra inspires Suffolk children to enjoy classical music
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Children at Holbrook Primary School had a special visit today from the Suffolk Philharmonic Orchestra which inspired them to enjoy classical music.
There was a performance from the orchestra after which they gave a talk explaining some of the history of the music and what motivated them to get involved.
Chris Perry, head teacher of the school, said: "The pupils were absolutely mesmerised by their performance.
"A lot of young children don't like classical so it was good to see them enjoy it."
Melodies from Peter and the Wolf were played alongside visualisation work where the audience imagined themselves carried away on sandy beaches.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Perry says the school has many musical students with a band and a choir, which is due to perform at Snape Maltings in the future.
He added: "When the orchestra asked who wanted to get involved in classical music, 90% of hands went up."
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health