A14 reopens after recovery of jackknifed lorry
- Credit: Google
A jackknifed lorry has caused major traffic delays on the A14 in west Suffolk this morning.
Suffolk police received reports at around 9.25am of an accident in the eastbound carriageway near Newmarket, around half a mile after the A11 turn off.
A police spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports that other vehicles had been involved.
Highways teams were called to close the eastbound carriageway from the A11 turn off, while the lorry was recovered.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust was also called to reports a person had suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
By 1pm, police said the lorry had been recovered.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour