Burglar offering gardening services swore at older man before taking cash from Suffolk home
- Credit: Archant
A burglar swore at an older Suffolk man and then stole cash from his home after the victim turned down his gardening offer.
The burglary happened in Sandy Lane, Barningham, near Bury St Edmunds, yesterday at around noon.
The older man returned home where he was approached at his front door by an unknown man offering gardening services.
Police said the victim declined the services and was then sworn at the burglar as he left the home, taking cash that had been left on a table.
The burglar was a white man in his mid-20s and was wearing a cap.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this incident, been approached in the same manner or who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the offence.
Anyone with any information should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference number 37/18431/18.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143