Burglar offering gardening services swore at older man before taking cash from Suffolk home
- Credit: Archant
A burglar swore at an older Suffolk man and then stole cash from his home after the victim turned down his gardening offer.
The burglary happened in Sandy Lane, Barningham, near Bury St Edmunds, yesterday at around noon.
The older man returned home where he was approached at his front door by an unknown man offering gardening services.
Police said the victim declined the services and was then sworn at the burglar as he left the home, taking cash that had been left on a table.
The burglar was a white man in his mid-20s and was wearing a cap.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this incident, been approached in the same manner or who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the offence.
Anyone with any information should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference number 37/18431/18.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 9 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision