Play park equipment vandalised at village hall
- Credit: Archant
Climbing frames, swings and other play park equipment at a village hall have been vandalised, sparking a police hunt for the culprits.
Vandals also pulled down guttering and pipes at Great Blakenham Village Hall some time on Tuesday evening.
Officers from Hadleigh Police Tweeted on Saturday evening that they had visited the area “to assess damage to it and the play equipment in the park”, with community engagement officer Pc Dave Wright posting photographs showing white spray paint used across equipment and the ground.
Village hall organisers have encouraged members of the public to be vigilant about any suspicious activity at the site in Mill Lane, writing on the hall’s Facebook page: “Sadly we have been informed that the playground has been vandalised with spray paint and the hall has suffered damage to the guttering.
“This has been reported to the police but if everyone can keep a watch out for suspicious activities and report back to us.”
Officers have also asked any members of the public who think they might know who is responsible to call police on 101.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 7 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo