Vandals smash 14 vehicles with baseball bat in mindless Ipswich spree
- Credit: GINNY LONG
Police are searching for one or more suspects who leaned out of a car window and hit 14 parked vehicles with a bat in a late night vandalism spree.
The incident happened sometime between 11.15pm on Sunday, September 23 and the early hours of Monday, September 24.
It is reported that one or more suspects travelled in a silver estate car, possibly in convoy with another vehicle, along Dumbarton Road, Sidegate Lane, Dales View Road, Rushmere Road and Humber Doucy Lane, leaning out of the window and using what is described as a baseball bat to damage parked vehicles.
A total of 14 vehicles are reported to have sustained damage to wing mirrors.
One of the victims was Ginny Long, who had her car’s wing mirror smashed by the vandals.
You may also want to watch:
With a newborn baby in tow, she said the cost of repairs could pile extra stress on her family.
Witnesses or anybody with relevant dash-cam footage are asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 37/54844/18. Alternatively, people can contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened on Sunday night? Has your car also been damaged by these vandals? Get in touch by email and let us know.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets