Police warn public not to approach Hollesley Bay absconder
- Credit: Archant
A prisoner from Hollesley Bay has been reported to Suffolk police after he went missing on Friday morning.
Andrew Doherty, 39, was last seen working in the gardens at the prison at 9am on Friday morning.
He was found to be missing at 12.25pm.
Doherty is serving a sentence for five counts of robbery.
He is described as white, 5ft 8ins tall, of a thin build and is clean shaven.
You may also want to watch:
He has blue eyes, speaks with a Welshe accent and ahas a tatto on his left arm of a Romany Eye.
Doherty has links to South Wales.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that Doherty should not be approached by the public.
Anyone with any information about his whereabouts should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 218 of Friday, September 27.