Suffolk: Police arrest 17 suspected drink-drivers in one weekend
SEVENTEEN suspected drink-drivers were arrested or charged over the weekend before Christmas.
The arrests took place between Friday morning and Sunday night as part of a festive crackdown by police.
Among those charged are Timothy Fisher, 34, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, who was detained in the town’s Yarmouth Road at 12.50am on December 21.
Callum Shaw, 19, of Denny Avenue, Haughley, was also charged with drink-driving after being arrested in Norwich Road, Ipswich, at 2.05am the same day.
Wieslaw, Sztemberg, 62, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, was detained by police in Bramford Road at 9.20pm on December 22, while Magdi Moussa, 47, of Ipswich Road, Woodbridge was arrested in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich at 1.45am on December 22.
You may also want to watch:
Marc Miller, 22, of Weyland Road, Witnesham, was detained at Westerfield Court, Ipswich, at 2am on December 23. All five are now due to appear before Ipswich magistrates on January 9 charged with driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family