Arrest after man with knife seen acting erratically during police swoop on Cavendish
- Credit: Archant
An arrest was made after a man with a knife was reportedly seen acting erratically in a Suffolk village.
Officers were called to the scene in the Lower Street area of Cavendish, near Sudbury, at 1.35pm on Wednesday, April 10 following reports of a man acting erratically in the street.
The man was believed to be in possession of a knife.
Eyewitnesses had said there was a heavy police presence in the village throughout the incident.
Police later arrested a 35-year-old man in the Lower Street area at 2.55pm on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and a section five public order offence.
The force has confirmed that he has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “We received a call at around 1.35pm to reports of a man in the street acting erratically in possession of a knife.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon