Man hospitalised and another arrested after Suffolk hotel fight spreads to beer garden and street
- Credit: Google
A large fight is reported to have broken out in a west Suffolk hotel before moving into its beer garden and then on into the street.
Suffolk police said one man was taken to hospital with facial injuries while another was arrested on suspicion of affray, following a brawl in the White Hart Hotel in Newmarket High Street,
A police spokesman said officers were called at around 8pm on Saturday, May 8, to reports of a “large fight” in the public house.
“It is reported that it began in the hotel and spread to the beer garden and onto the street,” he added.
Officers arrested a 25-year-old man from Cambridge on suspicion of affray,
He was later arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, actual bodily harm and common assault.
The man has been released under investigation while inquiries continue.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
Police are appealing for witnesses, particularly anybody who may have video footage, photographs or dash-cam footage of the incident.
Material can be emailed directly to Suffolk police headquarters.
Anybody with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference 37/24509/18.