Man hospitalised and another arrested after Suffolk hotel fight spreads to beer garden and street
- Credit: Google
A large fight is reported to have broken out in a west Suffolk hotel before moving into its beer garden and then on into the street.
Suffolk police said one man was taken to hospital with facial injuries while another was arrested on suspicion of affray, following a brawl in the White Hart Hotel in Newmarket High Street,
A police spokesman said officers were called at around 8pm on Saturday, May 8, to reports of a “large fight” in the public house.
“It is reported that it began in the hotel and spread to the beer garden and onto the street,” he added.
Officers arrested a 25-year-old man from Cambridge on suspicion of affray,
You may also want to watch:
He was later arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, actual bodily harm and common assault.
The man has been released under investigation while inquiries continue.
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Police are appealing for witnesses, particularly anybody who may have video footage, photographs or dash-cam footage of the incident.
Material can be emailed directly to Suffolk police headquarters.
Anybody with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference 37/24509/18.