Hammer and baseball bat seized after reports of threats made with ‘offensive weapon’
- Credit: Google
A teenager has been arrested after reports of threats being made with an “offensive weapon” in north Suffolk.
Suffolk police were called to reports that a car pulled up outside a house in Reeve’s Close, Bungay, at around 10.25am yesterday, when a male got out and made threats to the householder while brandishing a weapon.
He is then said to have got back in the car, a Vauxhall Astra, and drove off.
Police units swarmed on the area and officers found the suspect vehicle in the town an hour later.
A hammer and baseball bat were seized after being discovered during a search of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon; and a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray. Both were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police said both parties in the incident were known to each other.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The 17-year-old has been released under investigation pending further enquiries. The 24-year-old will face no further action at this time.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to contact Lowestoft Neighbourhood Response Team on 101 quoting reference 44960/18.