Man suffered broken jaw after row outside Suffolk nightclub
- Credit: Google
A man suffered a broken jaw after being repeatedly punched following a row at a Suffolk nightclub, police said.
Suffolk Constabulary has issued an appeal for witness to the alleged assault, which happened at the taxi rank near Club Infinity in Sudbury’s East Street on Saturday between 1.30-1.50am.
The victim, a man in his 20s, is reported to have received a punch to the head, which knocked him to the ground following a “verbal altercations”.
“It is then alleged that an offender continued to punch the victim,” a police spokesman added.
The injured man was taken to Colchester Hospital by ambulance after suffering a brokem jaw, injured eyelid and other facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Later that day, a 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and subsequently released under investigation pending further inquiries.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
“Police would be keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident take place between the times stated,” the spokesman added.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference 37/46986/18 or the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.