Teenage girl suffered black eye in attempted robbery
- Credit: Google
A 17-year-old girl was left with a black eye after she refused demands to hand over money in west Suffolk last night
The victim was walking along a path off Fred Archer Way, Newmarket, known locally as the Yellow Brick Road, when she was approached by two males shortly before midnight.
“They demanded money from her,” a force spokesman said.
“She was assaulted when she refused.”
A member of the public who witnessed the attack is reported to have intervened. The two would-be robbers then ran off towards the town centre, empty handed.
The teenage victim was left with a black eye.
People with information about the attempted robbery are asked to call Suffolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia