Teenage girl suffered black eye in attempted robbery
- Credit: Google
A 17-year-old girl was left with a black eye after she refused demands to hand over money in west Suffolk last night
The victim was walking along a path off Fred Archer Way, Newmarket, known locally as the Yellow Brick Road, when she was approached by two males shortly before midnight.
“They demanded money from her,” a force spokesman said.
“She was assaulted when she refused.”
A member of the public who witnessed the attack is reported to have intervened. The two would-be robbers then ran off towards the town centre, empty handed.
You may also want to watch:
The teenage victim was left with a black eye.
People with information about the attempted robbery are asked to call Suffolk Constabulary on 101.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house