Driver injured after telephone pole crash in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Google
A driver is feared hurt after colliding with a telephone pole in west Suffolk this morning.
Suffolk police received reports of an accident in Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds, at just before 7am.
A force spokesman said a single vehicle collision had knocked over a telephone pole and left a driver with injuries.
“The early reports were also that the car was blocking the road,” he added.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust has been called to treat the driver, whose condition is not known.
BT Openreach engineers have been called to repair the telephone pole.
A spokesman for EEAST said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic collision in Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds, today at 7.14 am.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 4 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 5 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 6 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 7 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 8 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 9 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 10 Haverhill man taken to hospital after being assaulted by burglars
“One ambulance was sent to treat one patient.”
Suffolk police said the road had cleared by just after 9am.