Driver injured after telephone pole crash in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Google
A driver is feared hurt after colliding with a telephone pole in west Suffolk this morning.
Suffolk police received reports of an accident in Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds, at just before 7am.
A force spokesman said a single vehicle collision had knocked over a telephone pole and left a driver with injuries.
“The early reports were also that the car was blocking the road,” he added.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust has been called to treat the driver, whose condition is not known.
You may also want to watch:
BT Openreach engineers have been called to repair the telephone pole.
A spokesman for EEAST said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic collision in Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds, today at 7.14 am.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
“One ambulance was sent to treat one patient.”
Suffolk police said the road had cleared by just after 9am.