Travellers pitch up near housing estate
- Credit: Archant
Enforcement action is underway to remove travellers illegally encamped in Sudbury.
Several caravans have pitched camp in Claremont Avenue, near a housing estate and children's play area, Suffolk police said.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: "We are aware of a traveller camp close to a children's play area in Claremont Avenue in Sudbury.
"We are working with our partner agencies to bring a resolution to the situation."
Babergh District Council have been approached for comment and a spokesman for Sudbury Town Council said: "We are aware of the traveller encampment at Claremont Avenue and our community warden team will be working with partner agency's tomorrow to resolve the issue."
You may also want to watch:
This is the third illegal camp to appear in Suffolk in the last four weeks, with two groups of caravans arriving in Ipswich in April.
Travellers camped illegally at the Anglia Retail Park and the Copdock Park and Ride.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?