Thieves steal wallet of man in his 70s
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s has had his wallet stolen by thieves while in a supermarket.
The theft took place at around 4pm on Wednesday, January 15, at Waitrose in Fred Archer Way,Newmarket.
A 79-year-old man was standing in the foyer area of the shop, where he had his wallet stolen from out of his pocket.
Credit and debit cards, which were inside the wallet, were then subsequently used to make purchases and cash withdrawals.
Suffolk police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to trace in connection with the theft
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Officers would like to speak to the man pictured in the CCTV images about this incident."
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact the Crime Co-ordination Centre, quoting reference: 3169/20.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock