Man, 22, charged with GBH after teenager suffered serious head injuries at Suffolk recreation ground
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy suffered serious head and facial injuries during an alleged attack in a Suffolk recreation ground over the weekend.
The 15-year-old victim was taken to hospital for treatment after the incident in Stowmarket’s Recreation Road on Saturday.
He was released from hospital on Monday.
The incident is reported to have taken place at around 7.25pm.
Police have since charged a 22-year-old man with grievous bodily harm following the incident.
Suffolk Constabulary said a man was arrested that evening and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Joshua Williams, aged 22 and from Kent Road in Stowmarket was charged with GBH.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
Williams appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
He was remanded to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, July 30.