Man charged with assaulting three police officers
- Credit: Archant
A 28-year-old man has been charged with two counts of assaulting police officers following an incident in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers were called to the scene of a suspected burglary in Grove Road on Tuesday, January 14 at around 11pm.
The property's door is said to have sustained damage.
Upon arrival, officers arrested a man who was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
It is alleged the man assaulted three officers, leaving one with an injured wrist while another is said to have been kicked in the leg and groin.
You may also want to watch:
28-year-old Shane Trudgill, of Steward Road, Bury St Edmunds, was charged with resisting arrest, two counts of assaulting police officers, possession of cannabis and criminal damage.
He was released on bail and is due to appear before Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday, March 13.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'