Suffolk: Police checking up on county’s most notorious criminals
THE most prolific offenders in Suffolk are today being closely guarded by a squad of police officers charged with curbing their criminal behaviour.
As Operation Apache continues, officers are door-knocking known criminals in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft to ensure they are keeping out of trouble.
The Territorial Support Team will keeping close tabs on the gang of law breakers, who are all well-known to them.
In Ipswich, a group of 10 burglars, shoplifters and car thieves are being targeted.
Pc Daniel Wheddon said of one: “There is a high rate of vehicle crime in Ipswich and he is at the forefront of that.
You may also want to watch:
“If he were inside we would see a noteable drop in the number of car thefts.”
For photos and full coverage see tomorrow’s paper.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo