Police reopen A12 in Suffolk after ‘treacherous’ conditions see multiple crashes in same location
- Credit: Archant
Treacherous driving conditions have seen multiple crashes at the same location in Suffolk – prompting police to urge drivers to take caution.
Police were first called to reports of a two vehicle collision on the A12 near at Wangford at around 6.10am – and more crashes have happened since.
A force spokesman said: “There are no serious injuries.
“Road surface conditions there are described as treacherous.”
Police closed the southbound lane as a result of the accident and highways teams were notified.
The road was reopened by 9.40am.
“Motorists are advised to exercise caution, particularly in the east of the county where sleet, snow and ice are causing challenging driving conditions,” the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
The road has been re-gritted.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 8 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 9 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?